One of the difficulties with the literature that floods through the door at election campaign time is that much of it just slags off an existing political party without putting forward any type of positive campaign. I'm never interested in how the existing party has underperformed. I want to know what the candidate intends to do that will result in positive change.
Usually, the literature is in no way comparable. I've decided to address this issue by sending the following questions/email to those who are standing in the by election, and will publish the results as soon as I receive them...
Dear Three main representatives
I would like to request you pass on the following questions to the candidates in your party who are standing in the Princes ward by election.
I wish to publish the answers to your candidates' questions on my blog, http://southeasteleven.blogspot.com/
1. Name the three main policies that you will make your platform for election in Princes Ward, eg. crime/transport/street care/environment etc. and highlight the strategies that you intend to undertake to implement the policies. Do not mention any of the opposing political parties in your answer.
2. What, if any, organisation(s) have you been involved with which demonstrate your commitment to the area, and how long have you lived/worked locally?
3. How will you demonstrate that you intend to serve the youth and older residents in Princes ward?
4. How will you demonstrate that you intend to serve those of low, modest and high income in Princes ward?
5. Name one issue that your political party advocates with which you strongly agree.(To demonstrate fidelity to your party and show why you are a member of your chosen political party)
6. Name one issue that your political party advocates with which you personally disagree.(To demonstrate independence of thought and refusal to be tied to party line)
7. Please highlight your views on the ongoing property development in Princes Ward and the SE11 area.
Lost your parrot? - Mursell resident Richard writes: "I have rescued an escaped parrot- I found him being stalked by a local moggy on Aldebert Terrace. Very tempted to keep ...
1 day ago