Wednesday 27 May 2009

Accident in Kennington Lane

This morning, the tweeter named "Kennington" broke the news that there was a traffic accident involving a young boy hit by a lorry in Kennington Lane. I've had lots of requests from people for further information about the accident today, but my searches have turned up little.

Please add a comment if you know about the well being of the child involved or witnessed the accident (or know anybody that did).

Edit: 1/6/2009 - Due to the Kennington Association blog pointing out that there was more news in the South London Press re. the accident, I bought a copy. The SLP (p7) says that the accident happened at 5.30am on the corner of Cottington Street/Kennington Lane, the boy in question was 15 years and that the victim suffered serious head injuries, but was breathing on his own when the paper went to press.

I'm receiving a lot of hits from people querying for more information, and I'd be very pleased if anybody who knows the status of the boy in question could post an update. I hope the boy and his family are well supported, and good wishes for recovery are sent from Lurking about SE11.

3 comments:

Kennington News said...

This is in today's SLP Page 7.

SE11 Lurker said...

Thanks! I'll try to grab a copy. Shame it's not in the online version!

Carol said...

You mentioned that the boy was seriously hurt. How is he doing now? I hope he's better.

Label Cloud

Blog Archive