Having now blogged the results from the Princes Ward 2009 election, Lurking about SE11 will return to greater commentary on news affecting the local area.
I think various other local blogs have covered this story, but it has popped up again in my local news feeds. There is currently a second public exhibition on the Battersea Power Station redevelopment. Since the first exhibition, the masterplan has been changed and various buildings have been (predictably) scaled down so the developers are reconsulting on the plans.
It's somewhat periperhal to SE11, but the reason it's interesting for us is because it would be very exciting to have the northern line connected via one or two stations to Battersea, which would open up the area for local residents here. As I said in my previous post, it's somewhat short sighted, but I favour nearly all public transport extensions. However, I notice that the new letter only states "plans for extending the Northern Line into Nine Elms" which isn't terribly clear. I know that there was one stop proposed (mentioned in my last post on the matter here), but I do vaguely recall hearing mention of a stop at Clapham Junction! Perhaps I made that up!
If you'd like to go along, there's more information on Treasury Holdings' Battersea Power Station website. You've not got long (tomorrow being your best opportunity now).
It's at Gate 2 of the Power Station site on Kirtling Street:
4th June: 12:00 - 20:00
5th June: 10:00 - 18:00
6th June: 10:00 - 17:00
Friday, 5 June 2009
- ► 2011 (110)
- ► 2010 (184)
- Sexual health clinic to move to Kennington or Vaux...
- Oval accident - female cyclist died
- 8 Albert Embankment - Initial exhibition / consult...
- More on Lambeth Leaseholders
- Further info on crossing the road at Vauxhall
- Lambeth Leaseholder Service Charge Estimates 2009/...
- Tall Tower Update
- Crossing the road at Vauxhall Cross
- Trouble at the Big Gay Tesco in Kennington
- 8 Albert Embankment, SE1 and other tall buildings ...
- TFL Cycling Scheme
- 69 - 71 Bondway SW8 - Planning Permission sought
- London European Election results - Lambeth breakdo...
- Filming yesterday at Kennington Arts Lav
- Kennington Oval hotel granted planning permission
- More on Battersea Power Station and Northern line ...
- The winner of Princes Ward by election is Mark Har...
- Election day in Princes Ward
- Accusations - response to criticism re LGBT hustin...
- SE11 goes green for the summer
- ▼ June (20)