Tuesday 15 February 2011

Oval Farmers' Market Celebration in April: Planning Permission Granted



So, the good news for the excellent Oval Farmers' Market is that they were granted planning permission to, umm, continue!  I'm not sure how they managed to get the market started /without/ planning permission, but they did, and now it has been offically confirmed that they can stay.  Hurray!

In celebration of their successful application, Oval Farmers' Market are holding a special market on Saturday 2nd April, where there will be a "feast of local produce, plants, shrubs and locally baked and prepared foods of all kinds".  Nom, nom, nom.

I'm afraid there's no word on whether they'll be able to go ahead with their future plans, which were exhibited last year, but I'll update you all with news once it is sent to me.

Oval market is held every Saturday between 10am and 3pm, and is popular with locals.

1 comment:

AF said...

I've not yet visited this market, however I plan to do so in the next couple of weeks, it's a great idea. Good news it's allowed to stay too.

Label Cloud

Blog Archive