I've heard that changes have been on the cards at Kennington Park Business Centre for some time, but no further details were forthcoming. The Kennington Business Centre has potential to be turned into a small local retail/commercial hub, which betters takes advantage of passing trade (at the moment, it's quite "closed", and although it contains a (weekday) restaurant, most people don't realise. Consequently, I hope the following application is viewed positively.
A development application (10/04188/FUL) has been submitted requesting permission as follows:
Landscaping / public access
* Provision of a new landscaped public realm accessed from Brixton Road
* Alternations to the main entrance of Canterbury Court from the existing courtyard.
* Change of use to ground floor of Canterbury Court to shopfront elevations on to Camberwell New Road
* Change of use to ground floor of Canterbury Court to provide Retail / Financial Services / Restaurant floorspace (2,085 sqm)
* Change of use to ground floor of Canterbury Court to provide Leisure floorspace (2,015 sqm)
* Change of use to ground floor of Canterbury Court to provide commercial floorspace (365 sqm)
* Change of use to first floor of Canterbury Court to provide commercial floorspace (2,382 sqm)
* Change of use to ground floor of Chester House to provide Retail / Financial Services / Restaurant floorspace (115 sqm)
* Erection of new single storey to Chester House to provide Retail / Financial Services / Restaurant floorspace (47 sqm)
* Third floor roof extension to Chichester House to provide commercial floorspace (886 sqm)
* Demolition of existing entrance block to Chichester House and Chester House and erection of a new 4 storey entrance extension
And on the same site, guess who wants to open a new store? Yup, you guessed it... our favourite supermarket giant wishes to further expand the Tescopoly. Stockwell News reports plans for two new Tesco stores on Brixton Road, one at Kennington Park Business Centre and the other further south on the junction of Caldwell St (opposite Vassall Rd). See more at, "Is Tesco eating Stockwell?". Perhaps I should refrain from further comment on the basis of Dave Hill's article earlier this week in which he castigated those who have their shopping delivered by Tesco and yet criticise Tesco's ever expanding empire of Express stores. Oh no, guilty as charged! Dave suggests instead that people "r
Monday - 7am work shifts, and the start of spring. I think? Garden spring shit, innit A post shared by Jason Cobb (@jason_cobb_) on Feb 20, 2017 at 2:04am PST Anna ...
15 hours ago