Monday 16 June 2008

Kennington Park - gathering to protest

I've not managed to get to SE11 for very long over the past few weekends, and have consequently missed quite a few goings on. I want to blog about this before too much time goes by.

Fortunately, the friendly person who writes Stockwellnews pointed out one item that deserves notice.

It appeared to receive very little coverage, and barely any publicity whatsoever, or I'd have tried to attend the anti-weapon rally from Trafalgar Square to Kennington Park on 7th June. I wish I'd known about it beforehand.

ITN's link to the demonstration contained a moving and political quote from Mark Prince, the father of murdered Kiyan Prince:

"If it means I have to forgive the guy who killed my son, then that's exactly what I'm going to do because I need some mercy myself, I need some forgiveness myself."

No comments:

Label Cloud